Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election day buzz

I can hardly stand it!

The returns are coming in.

Until almost 7 p.m. EST, I was doing phone banking to Wisconsin - desperately trying to do my part till the end. I was supposed to be at my local train station, but at 3.00 p.m. 50% of my precinct had already cast votes, instead of by 6.00 p.m. - we were so far ahead of the game, they didn't even bother to send anyone to bug weary commuters.

I checked my email via my mobile device and realized that there was still GOTV calling to be done. I sat down at my PC and pulled up the familiar website - it was electrifying - I spoke to so many voters who had already voted - some had called family members and convinced them to vote for Obama.

This is a historical day. It is fitting that his grandmother went home to be with his mother and forebears to celebrate - there is much to be rejoicing over.

We did it - the change is coming and we are all a part of it. More tomorrow, or even later when I pop the champagne.

No comments: