Tuesday, November 4, 2008

A new day has dawned

I sit here with tears streaming down my face. My fingers tremble over the keys of my PC.

I dared not hope that he would really win - could he? Would he? Were the polls wrong?

We did it! We did it! We did it!

I am overwhelmed with gratitude and humility. For years, my sons went to school and saw only teachers who did not look like them - and now, they can look to the President of this - the greatest country in the world - and see someone who looks just like them.

For years, I hoped that we would see this day come - a black President of the United States. I had hoped it would be Jessie Jackson - then Colin Powell - and now we have the most eloquent, intellectual and remarkable man we could have ever imagined - a man who was born to do this thing - this job - this calling from God - to lead our nation and heal our hearts, our minds and our homes.

God bless President Elect Obama and his wife, Michele - their children, Sasha and Malia and God bless America.

No comments: