Saturday, January 10, 2009

Dinner in Washington

I was watching the NBC Nightly News broadcast just now and my ears perked up when I heard that President-Elect Obama is holding a dinner in honor of Colin Powell and John McCain.

I love this story and it speaks to me on so many levels. Barack Obama is a class act - a gentleman - I am reading his memoirs - "Dreams from my father" and feel like I know him personally as a result. What I do know is that he is a decent, honest and good man - fine traits and not easily found in a politician - I know, I have worked on enough campaigns and certainly spent lots of time around one while serving as a political appointee.

Colin Powell and John McCain are two amazing men - full of charm, intelligence, wisdom and courage - their sacrifices for their country as military men is commendable.

God bless Obama for seeing this and celebrating this.

Others should take note

No comments: