Thursday, January 1, 2009

Resolutions schmezolutions

I stopped making New Years' resolutions some years ago.

It was the year I realized that I tended to focus so much on the changes I wanted to make, and as a result, it was causing me more stress to make said resolutions.

I decided to stop making any promises to change at the beginning of the year with its accompanying pressures and started making resolutions during the year with less hype and fanfare. Statistically speaking, I was better able to control my decisions with less pressure.

People are signing up with health clubs, financial advisors and making all sorts of life changes today in hopes of a brighter tomorrow. I wish them all the best.

I will continue to make my incremental changes throughout the year and let that work for me.

Happy New Year!

No comments: