Thursday, June 10, 2010

Ebony and Ivory - hot, hot, hot New York men

I had a great treat today.

I was taking a break from my consulting job and was engaging in enjoying a relaxing cigarette - yes, I know it is a disgusting habit, but I indulge in a cancer stick or two during stressful times - it calms me down, what can I say?

I noticed a handsome and I mean handsome enough to be on the cover of Details magazine - man by the name of William. We struck up a conversation. His striking green eyes smiled as we talked. I asked if I might introduce him to a coworker - a beautiful Russian woman and he indicated that he is happy in a relationship with a beautiful Polish woman. I had to ask William his parentage as he had very unusually attractive and striking looks - he is 1/2 Korean and 1/2 Irish and one of the most beautiful men I have ever seen. He works in sales and we sruck up a conversation about the optical store where I consult part time. I encouraged him to come inside and check out our specials - he is going to get some new contacts and glasses - maybe I am in the wrong career.

I digress - standing immediately behind William was an African American man who looked like he had stepped off the cover of Ebony magazine, were that magazine to feature blue-collar workers. I told him as much and he flashed an amazingly gorgeous smile. I think he was happy to have run into me today. I don't think men get complimented nearly as often as they should be.

To my left is my new "friend" - the man from Mauritania who sells perfume and eyeglasses from a table on the street. He is happily married with 3 girls and a boy and a very, very lucky wife. We are going to speak French together daily so I can practice - quelle chance! (what luck!)

Down the block a ways is another African man who sells me purses, headphones for my iPhone (which I lose on a regular basis) and treats me with African lotions and soaps in exchange for my purchases.

This exchange all took place in a space of a few minutes and I remembered why I love New York so much as a single woman - HOT MEN!

Enough said.

Come out and check them out yourself - some of the hottest men on the planet are right here in New York City.

Now, please excuse me while I fan the beads of sweat from my face.

No comments: